Monday, November 05, 2007

Tiger Tiger Burning Bright


As I sauntered into my sanitised local Tesco the other day, and spotted another alarming story on the front cover of the Independent. No not another sensationalist racial story, but this time a very scary environmental piece. The fate of the Indian Tiger. The story read that India's current Tiger population could be as low 1300, which conservationists say is just unsustainable.

When such a symbol of nature in all it's glory passes into the pantheon of formerly extinct species, what does this mean for us? Probably an increasingly sanitised Tesco experience, and not a furry friend in site. Hey no worry, I'll be all nice and cosy and totally detached from the outside world, in my Tesco house, with my Tesco electric car, watching the Tesco news on my Tesco branded TV. Paranoia you say? Well right now, I'm sure you've must have noticed what's going on down your local high street, and I'm writing this on my Apple MacBook, with my Google Blogger account, on my Orange broadband who also provide both my mobile and landline services. I once suggested to a friend the prospect of a T-Mobile branded home and he laughed. Well it's starting. The future's arrived, and I'm scratching my head right now, looking a little lost and confused.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home