Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Gonna Get My Spidey Suit

I recall sometimes musing about why it almost always rained on Sundays in Bristol, England and why can't they make an invisible suit? Why I don't know, but I didn't understand the difficulty in doing so or why my partner at the time could not see the connection with pollution and the local weather patterns. Well all the above have been proved to be possible and now the Journal of Physics is talking about utilising the natural technology of Geckos and Spiders to build a suit that will allow us to do everything a Spider can, just like our favourite neighbourhood Web Slinger.

Thus far, the only practical application the boffins can think of is cleaning windows. Just wonder what additional voyeuristic advantages this will give to our humble window cleaner.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home