Monday, September 03, 2007

Feeling those L.A. Nights


Been spending quite a bit of time of late checking my RSS feeds and enjoying the beauty of music casts. Saves trawling around, when everything is all in one neat little place. Listening to one cast from Warrior FM I came across the name of Yasuko Agawa. A classy Jazz vocalist from the 80s for those who don't know, she had recorded one of my favorourite tracks, L.A. Nights. I did a quick search as I had never read up on her before and discovered she had quite a comprehensive body of work, spanning three decades.

I found a copy of L.A. Nights on YouTube and as soon as I played it, the memories came flooding back. I recall as a teenager back then, that I didn't know too much about Japan or L.A., but the words of her song always conjured up moody images of sophisticated cross-Pacific travel that I could only dream of at the time. Even though I had never experienced that world, I understood instantly at the time, and was right there in the taxi with her, just in from Tokyo. I never imagined at the time that Japan would feature so significantly in my life.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home